The Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority is seeking an enthusiastic Director of People & Culture to join our organization. This leader will ensure that the company attracts, develops, and retains exceptional, diverse team members that are committed to making a positive and sustained impact on our business and the communities we serve. Additionally, you will lead and oversee the full range of Human Resource (HR) functions including staff recruitment, labor relations and contract administration, employee happiness and retention, performance management, compliance, and benefit administration.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding the handling of employee relations’ issues.
• Assist managers and supervisors in resolving organizational, compliance, and labor relations issues, including the management of the collective bargaining agreement and grievance procedure.
• Assist senior leadership with administration of the labor agreement and contract interpretation; represent the Company on labor relations issues and grievance resolution.
• Lead the development of a plan and strategy for union negotiations and serve as a member of the Company negotiating committee.
• Lead and direct the recruitment, search, selection and hiring of all new EMTA employees.
• Develop, communicate, implement and monitor programs to ensure compliance with all state, local and federal requirements and also minimize exposure to employee complaints (i.e. harassment, ADA, EEO, etc.).
• Oversee the administration of the various benefit plans and provide answers and resolutions to questions and issues.
• Conduct a review of all benefit programs and recommend modifications, work closely with the Executive Director and leadership team to negotiate changes and to ensure and approve all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions.
• Ensure the confidential retention of employee files and personnel records in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Develop, implement and monitor programs which ensure continuous review and cost containment of workers compensation, and oversee workers compensation insurance claims processes.
• Counsel employees in accordance with the personnel policies.
• Assist the Executive Director with the annual development of the Affirmative Action Plan and represent the Company on all related issues.
• Serve as a member of the Safety Committee.
• Ensure all job descriptions are properly written and updated as necessary and properly classified in accordance with the FLSA. Conduct periodic union/management meetings, – investigate and respond to issues presented and publish minutes.
• Develop, communicate, implement and monitor a salary administration program.
• Communicate, implement and monitor a performance management program.
• Serve as confidant and advisor to the Executive Director and Leadership Team.
• Ensure human resource policies and practices are consistent with and support the Company’s mission and strategic objectives.
• Manage the light duty return-to-work transition program for employees and the workers compensation cases and related medical restrictions.
• Create, maintain and update employee handbooks and personnel policies.
• Represent or prepare others to represent the Company at unemployment compensation hearings.
• Assist managers and supervisors in resolving organizational and labor relations issues, including the management of the collective bargaining agreement and grievance procedure.
Job Qualification & Requirements
• Minimum of a BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field, SPHR certification preferred.
• Experienced professional with at least 5 years of related human resource experience. Must have at least 3 years of labor relations and contract administration experience to include grievance handling. Experience with affirmative action plans; compensation development; benefits selection, negotiations and administration; recruitment and employment; performance management; familiarity with employment law; workers compensation and safety are necessary.
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Detailed oriented and the ability to multi-task
• Working knowledge of federal and state laws applicable to the function
• Good negotiation skills
To apply, please send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org